Feminism

Feminism

                                        picture: Women with raised hands image coutesy: EPW Feminism is the radical notion that women are...

Thursday 8 January 2015

Listen


It seems the most natural thing
like the wetness of water
and warmth of a baby's touch,
when I tell you how I've been.

Like a lifetime hadn't passed me by
since I last caught a glance
of you.
When words became garbled
nonsense
and the earth stopped breathing

When I have my chance
and you listen to me,
its like my heart had just learned to beat
and I'd become aware of me

Because your eyes had spoken
the tongue, now frozen
in the deepest depths
buried deep under the sea.

As the tides gather and beat their heads
pitiless, along the shore
and return like they have for aeons
empty, shrivelled to the core,

I try to speak
But you listen no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment